Rush Hour Accident Attorney
Alpharetta Lawyers Advocating for Car Crash Victims
Rush hour accidents are common during the mornings and evenings in Georgia, especially in the Metro Atlanta area. As we see in the news every day, commuters frustrated from sitting in traffic sometimes make aggressive moves to try to break out of gridlock. Accidents also happen at these times of the day because the position of the sun may impair a driver's vision, leaving them unable to avoid collisions if they have not left enough distance between themselves and the car ahead of them. Car accidents that happen during rush hour are more dangerous because they often involve multiple vehicles. If you are injured, emergency vehicles take longer to arrive to provide aid. If you or your passenger are hurt because of the reckless and negligent actions of another driver during rush hour, seek medical help immediately. Then your call to a top personal injury attorney is essential to ensure you receive compensation. At the Law Office of Casey W. Stevens, we specialize in vehicle accident cases and will ensure the responsible party compensates you for things like lost wages, medical expenses, property damage and loss of future enjoyment of life.
Rush Hour Accidents – What to Expect When You Hire an Attorney
Contact our personal injury law office for a complimentary case evaluation. We do not charge our clients any money at all upfront. Our fees come out of the settlement we secure for our clients. We will start by ensuring you have sought medical treatment by going to the hospital, an urgent care facility or your primary care physician. The more quickly you receive treatment, the easier it will be to prove your injuries are related to the accident. If you cannot afford further treatment, we will connect you with treatment facilities that may take your case and defer payment until your case settles. While you are receiving treatment, we will be hard at work quickly establishing the other driver's liability so we can recover damages on your behalf. In many cases, rush-hour accidents are caused by simple negligence, but in other cases, they result from intentional road rage that could result in criminal charges. Tailgating, weaving through traffic and speeding are all negligent actions, but engaging in these actions in an aggressive way is a criminal offense. When proving negligence, we establish the fact that the other driver owed you a duty of care, breached that duty, and in breaching the duty caused your injuries. For example, when conditions are hazardous like wet roads or snow, drivers are required to reduce speeds, increase distances between themselves and other vehicles, and drive with their headlights on.
Establishing the “At Fault” Party in Georgia Rush Hour Accidents
According to Georgia Code Title 51. Torts § 51-11-7, drivers involved in car wrecks must prove that the other party was at fault for the accident if the driver is seeking compensation. Georgia law dictates that in order to recover compensation for personal injuries due to a car accident, one party must be more at fault than the other party. It is measured by percentages that are negotiated through insurance companies or is calculated by the judge or jury if the claim does not settle before trial. If one driver is determined to be 40% at fault, the other driver must compensate them for 60% of their damages.
As an example, let's say Driver 2 ran into the rear end of Driver 1's vehicle. It was established that Driver 2 was "cut off" by Driver 1, but Driver 2 was traveling at an excessive rate of speed, resulting in Driver 1’s inability to reasonably see the approach of Driver 2, nor judge their speed. This is a situation where comparative negligence could be established.
Types of Damages in a Rush Hour Wreck
At the personal injury law office of Casey W. Stevens, we establish negligence and then move forward to submit a demand letter to the negligent party. We collect compensation for the following things:
- Automobile repair or replacement
- Medical expenses
- Wrongful death
- Pain and suffering
- Rental vehicles
- Rental cars
- Lost wages
- Loss of future wages
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Discuss Your Car Accident with Alpharetta Personal Injury Lawyer Casey W. Stevens
If you were injured in a North Georgia Car Accident, call our office today for a free consultation. Casey W. Stevens has been specializing in insurance claims and personal injury law for over 25 years. With offices in Alpharetta, Woodstock, Canton, Dawsonville, and Suwanee, we make meeting with us convenient to you! Serving: Atlanta / Fulton County – Marietta / Cobb / Kennesaw / Gwinnett / Dawson / Cherokee Forsyth / Pickens / Gilmer / Bartow / Paulding / Douglas / Walton / Hall / Dekalb / Cobb / Henry / Clayton / Fayette. If you can’t come to one of our offices, we’ll be happy to come to you! Call today: 770-408-6364.