Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney
Alpharetta Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
The cost of a traumatic brain injury or closed head injury involves more than just medical expenses and lost wages. Accidents that result in traumatic brain injury also cost people their ability to do the things they used to do or hoped to one day do. At the Law Office of Casey W. Stevens, we work closely with medical economists and life care planners who project costs associated with medical treatment, physical therapy, in-home nursing care, lost wages, and diminished quality of life accompanying traumatic brain injuries.
If you or your family member has suffered a traumatic brain injury,Casey W. Stevens can help you recover the costs proportional to the financial impact of your injury. Contact The Law Office of Casey W. Stevens today if your loved one has experienced any of the following long-term effects from a traumatic brain injury.
Traumatic brain injuries can be caused by a blow to the head or a jolt that is caused by impact or shaking. Brain injuries can be caused by the brain impacting the inside of the skull, or by penetration of the brain tissue by an object such as a fragment of skull, piece of glass or metal, or a bullet.
Mild traumatic brain injuries such as a slight concussion can be treated, and there may not be any long-term effects. More serious brain injuries, known as "traumatic" brain injuries, can result in anything from bleeding to the brain, to bruising and torn tissues. These types of injuries can result in life-long complications or even death.
The effects of brain injuries are not always immediate. Brain swelling can take place over days, and if not treated, can create progressive symptoms.
Symptoms of Mild Traumatic Brain Injury
- Being dazed, confused or disoriented without losing consciousness.
- Loss of consciousness for seconds or minutes.
- Nausea or vomiting
- Trouble Speaking
- Changes in sensory perception such as ringing in ears, loss of taste or change of taste, changes in ability to smell and blurred vision, and light sensitivity
- Inability to remember things or concentrate
- Mood changes or swings like depression and anxiousness
Moderate to Severe Traumatic Brain Injuries
Moderate to severe traumatic brain injuries can include any of the signs and symptoms above, plus any of the following within the first couple of days.
- Prolonged loss of consciousness for several minutes or hours
- Headache that is debilitating or will not go away
- prolonged vomiting or nausea
- Seizures or convulsions
- Dilation of one or both pupils
- Clear fluids draining from the ears or nose
- Brain fog related to the ability to awaken from sleep
- Agitation, physical or verbal outbursts
- Slurred speech
- Unusual sexual conduct
- Loss of coordination
- Extreme confusion
- loss of cognitive functioning
- loss of ability to communicate
- loss of ability to multitask
- loss of long-term memory
- loss of short-term memory
- loss of memory (amnesia)
- loss of ability to perform job duties
Because a brain injury is so life altering, and because they often prevent their victims from returning to work, settlements are usually substantial. A good attorney will know how to gauge the extent of the damages, and how to determine what you'll need to move on with your life.
At the Law Office of Casey W. Stevens, we can help you receive compensation for the loss of future income that you or your loved one would have earned prior to your accident. We can also help your loved one go through vocational or occupational training, so that they may relearn how to do their job or another one.
As former defense lawyers for insurance companies, our North Georgia traumatic brain injury attorney Casey W. Stevens knows the strategies and weaknesses of an insurance company's defense. With a keen attention to detail, an impeccable work ethic and an aggressive stance in negotiating settlements, Casey W. Stevens can help ensure you get the maximum settlement possible.
Contact us today at 770-408-6364 for a free consultation. We have five convenient Georgia locations to serve you..... Atlanta, Woodstock, Suwanee, Dawsonville and Alpharetta... or we'll come to you!