Personal Injury Cases Resulting From Burn Injuries
Casey W. Stevens represents Burn Accident victims in Alpharetta and throughout North Georgia.
Offices in: Atlanta, Alpharetta, Woodstock, Cumming, Dawsonville, Suwanee, GA – or we’ll come to you!Personal Injury Cases Resulting From Burn Injuries
Burn injuries are the second leading cause of death in the United States and can be extremely painful and traumatic for the victim, as well as his or her family. By some estimates, there are as many as 2.5 million deaths a year from burns. They can be the result of mishandling flammable materials or chemicals, or from reckless negligence with explosives and other volatile substances. Whatever the cause of your burn injuries, it is important that you speak with an Atlanta based personal injury attorney to explore your rights and know your options to recover compensation for your injuries.
Contact the Law Offices of Casey W. Stevens at (770) 408-6364Burn Hazards
Although burns can happen when a person is not careful, there are times when another person's negligence, can be injured by a burn. Some of the burn hazards include:
- Thermal burns – caused by direct contact with flames, exposure to radiation, or exposure to excessive heat from fire, steam, hot liquids and hot objects.
- Chemical burns – caused by contact with dangerous chemicals. Acids or other caustic materials that can severely damage the skin.
- Electrical burns – caused by contact with electrical wires or components. Unregulated, unmonitored, or faulty electrical lines or cords can be the causes of these types of burns.
- Radiation burns – caused by exposure to nuclear sources or overexposure to ultraviolet sources. One common cause is overexposure to Radiation treatment.
There are different categories of burn injuries that depend on the severity and cause. Three types of serious burns include:
- First degree burns – this is the type of burn you might receive in your kitchen at home. They involve only the outermost layer of skin. They are red and very painful when touched. Swelling, pain, peeling skin, and blisters are common and shock can also occur.
- Second degree burns – typically involves blisters and can be red or white in appearance. These burns can completely destroy the top layer of the skin and can result in scarring or require a skin graft. In many cases, sensation in the area of the burn is diminished.
- Third degree burns – these burns destroy all the layers of the skin. Healing time is much slower because there are no remaining skin cells to repair the skin. Even with skin grafts, third degree burns typically result in extensive and permanent scarring.
If you or someone you love has suffered burn injuries as a result of someone else’s negligence or recklessness, then you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, loss of wages, and psychological treatment. The physical aftermath and recovery of a burn can take many months or even years requiring multiple surgeries, therapies, and counseling. Some of the possible damage includes:
- Excessive pain
- Skin discoloration
- Psychological damage
Burn accidents due to negligence can occur anywhere – in the workplace, due to an employer’s or supervisor’s disregard for safety standards; as a secondary injury from a car, boat, or motorcycle accident; or even in your own home as a result of faulty wiring from an electrician, carelessness of a landlord, or from a defective product. There are other instances where another person or company may be held liable for your burn injuries, and so it is important to discuss your case with a qualified personal injury attorney who can inform you of your rights.
If someone else's negligence is found to be responsible for your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation. At the Law Offices of Casey W. Stevens, we understand how painful burn injuries can be and that they have the potential to change someone's life forever. We can help ensure that the responsible parties are liable for the pain and suffering you've had to endure.Contact Us Today
At the Law Offices of Casey W. Stevens, we take all of our personal injury cases very seriously. We will do everything possible to investigate your case so that we have accurate and relevant information prepared to file a claim or lawsuit. From interviewing witnesses to compiling information from medical professionals, we have the resources and expertise to put together a strong case on your behalf. We will not charge you any fees until the case is resolved, so you can count on our experience and professional services until we arrive at a favorable outcome. Contact us today for a free case evaluation so that we can provide you with immediate assistance. We can meet with you in any of our 6 metro Atlanta offices, or if your situation prevents travel, we will gladly come to you in your home or hospital room.
Contact us for a free case evaluation TODAY! 770-408-6364